How different from a Porsche 718? - Audi R6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation How different from a Porsche 718?

I don't think we got official confirmation of the R6's platform but odds are it will come from the Porsche 718. With that assumption, how different can we expect the R6 to be?

One fact is Audi gives the VW Group a fresh start with this platform, no constraints present like the 718 and no history to carry on. But being based off something from Porsche we're getting some unique characteristics.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 03:44 PM

We didn't get any information of the R6 at all to my knowledge.

The 718 from what I've been reading is actually quite a capable and fun vehicle to drive. I think it'll be very much like the 718 so there really shouldn't be much to worry about in that aspect except for the overall design of it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Maze View Post
We didn't get any information of the R6 at all to my knowledge.

The 718 from what I've been reading is actually quite a capable and fun vehicle to drive. I think it'll be very much like the 718 so there really shouldn't be much to worry about in that aspect except for the overall design of it.
So you think it will perform like the 718... that's interesting.
Isn't there anything different you want to see Audi do with the R6. Being a new product for the VW Corp it does open them up to things not entirely doable on the 718.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 11:52 AM

I'm sure there's going to be a noticeable difference as they're not essentially "twins" like that ToyoBaru thing. I unfortunately haven't driven the 718 yet so I can't really comment on what it feels like but for me... stiffness is key.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi R6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page