Audi R6 Rendering Thread - Page 5 - Audi R6 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Maze View Post
whoever created that rendering just doesn't understand what they're doing, the proportions aren't right. going off information out currently it points to proportions more like the 718 Cayman; smoother roof line and longer wheelbase
post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:54 PM

Yea, no I didn't agree with it at all, just wanted to share with you guys and get everyones take on it. That rear end is all sorts of wrong and that's not even the tip of the iceberg. God knows where they got that attempt at a spoiler from. Has the side profile of a camaro or something which is odd.
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 04:28 PM

The best it gets is being R8-like. If they can do that then it will do a lot of damage to the competition but fortunately not to their own, the 911, it will still never be dethroned. Even 50 years later Porsche is still pulling through strong. Takes a lot to pull the motivation out of a potential 911 buyer

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Porsche has been doing extremely well. Their performance will definitely be beyond the R6. The only thing Porsche has lacked, other than their iconic CGT and 918, is in the aesthetics department. They aren't ugly by any means, the design just got a bit boring. They really haven't changed much. But again... there all about that performance and they've hit the nail on the head in the engineering department.
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 04:05 PM

I wouldn't really call it something they've lacked, but something they haven't paid much attention to change. BUT if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? They make subtle changes that are clearly effective and that's good enough. You'll never look at another vehicle and confuse it to be a Porsche, nor will you ever look at a Porsche and confuse it to be anything else. Just doesn't happen and that's a great thing.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 01:08 PM

I know this is the Audi R8, but the Final Fantasy XV themed model is a work of art and when the R6 finally goes into production, I hope aftermarket companies take it in hand and give it a few aesthetic upgrades as well.

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 08:36 PM

Don't like it at all but if this sells well then I guess odds are they will take the R6 through the same process.
What I would prefer is to see Audi's version of the M4 GTS done on the R6, it should be the best platform for this.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 01:40 PM

I'm more enamored with the M4 GTS wheels than anything, though I can see how the accent color would work on something like the R6 and R8.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible View Post
I'm more enamored with the M4 GTS wheels than anything, though I can see how the accent color would work on something like the R6 and R8.
At some point I would have to see some sort of rendering of those wheels on an Audi but if I had to choose something OEM it would be RS6 wheels. Size might be to big for the R6 but if you're just driving around casually it can work. Not everyone wants nurburgring type performance on tap 24/7 365:

post #50 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 12:08 PM

Problem is, renderings and speculation of the R6 is grinding to a halt and artists won't put their time into a vehicle with no set release date.
The best one we still have is the first rendering on this thread and its wheels look better than the RS6 rims.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi R6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page