Waiting on an offical release - Audi R6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Waiting on an offical release

Hey Everyone!

I'm a current owner of the Q7 and I'm keeping a close eye on what Audi has in store with the r6. I'm really we get some more information soon, including a confirmation of release and some basic price points. I've long been searching for an affordable R8 and this should meet that criteria.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 PM

In the end these will be 2 great options you have in your garage. One for all your utility needs and then the other for what should be one of the best driving experiences someone can have. Do you think we will see Porsche-like driving characteristics here?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 AM

Audi has been quite on the R6 for a long time and we haven't heard much aside from a rumor last year, but hopefully we'll get something soon. Are you willing to spring for a R8 if the R6 doesn't pan out?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I have a good feeling this car will be very similar to the offerings of the 718 boxster and cayman. I don't really have much interest in the R8, as that's of a significantly higher price point than what I'd like to spend. I'm not sure why Audi has been so quiet about this rumored model, I hope that doesn't suggest that it'll never leave the concept stage. I think at the right price point the R6 would comfortably find itself in the gap left between the R8 and TT.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 06:06 PM

VW made a lot of changes to the MBQ platform for new VW and Audi products that came out recently and this is the same platform that's under the Audi TT. I think we should be looking out for information on that same platform. It might be the only real source of any insight we can get currently.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:25 AM

Have you ever tried to tow with that? I also love q7 but my requirement is a bit different I need a vehicle which can be used for towing roadside assistance nyc, so can we use that for towing purpose? or should I buy a truck for this purpose?

Last edited by martinbrown982; 07-19-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi R6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page